Review: 'My name is David Cole' by Jon Souza ...

I finally got round to reading 'My name is David Cole' ... I wasn't sure what to expect as I hadn't heard of the author before and I'm a bit of a 'fussy' reader.

The good news is that I wasn't disappointed.  I know a little about the subject matter and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing and the story.

The book touches on some serious issues such as childhood abuse and promotes tolerance of different faiths and cultures.

Parts of the book were 'laugh out loud' funny, alongside other moments that portrayed trauma in a way that only a sufferer can.  Other parts of the book were really romantic.  Jon Souza's style of writing is warm and you could be forgiven for thinking that you're sat in a tavern somewhere in Scotland by a log fire, listening to a tale being crafted for your ears alone.

I'm looking forward to his next book. 





Paperback: 626 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 7, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1451583273
ISBN-13: 978-1451583274
ASIN: B003G2ZE32 Kindle

Recommended!  5 Stars!!

Villayat 'Wolf' Sunkmanitu

Popular Posts